My name is Chris Spring and this website celebrates a new direction I am taking in my life and work. I have now moved on from the British Museum after 20 rewarding years and am working within a community of artists, writers and musicians at the West London Art Factory, where I have a wonderful new studio. In addition to ongoing painting and life drawing, I am currently
- writing works of fiction
- preparing new writing on the arts of Africa, curatorship and the work of individual artists
- carrying out international advisory work and consultancy
- preparing a retrospective and catalogue raissoné of my visual artwork
- proud to be serving on the board of the Africa Centre www.africacentre.org.uk and of the October Gallery www.octobergallery.co.uk
- and I’m also honoured to be a Patron of the Powell-Cotton Museum
This website offers some account of my journey to this point over the past two decades – and suggests new paths I may take in the future.