Many thanks for visiting my website. My name is Chris Spring and I work within a community of artists, writers and musicians at the West London Art Factory, where I have a wonderful new studio. For the very latest images of my work and other activities, please also visit my Instagram account: cjamesspring. In addition to ongoing painting and life drawing, I am currently
- writing works of fiction
- preparing new writing on the arts of Africa, curatorship and the work of individual artists
- carrying out international advisory work and consultancy
- preparing a retrospective and catalogue raissoné of my visual artwork
- I am proud to be serving as an Ambassador for the Africa Centre, London, and on the board of the October Gallery, London
- and I’m also honoured to be a Patron of the Powell-Cotton Museum
This website offers some account of my journey to this point over the past two decades – and suggests new paths I may take in the future.